Please be aware that:
- Memobird can only be connected to the 2.4Ghz band on Wi-Fi routers or access points (AP). During the Wi-Fi configuration, both your smartphone and your Memobird need to connect to the 2.4Ghz band.
- All Wi-Fi routers have a 2.4Ghz band, but the newer routers are often dual-band router with 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz bands.
- If both of your 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz have the same name (SSID) and password, then you won't have any problem connecting to your Memobird regardless which Wi-Fi band your smartphone is connected to.
How to check your smartphone's Wi-Fi connection
Go to Setting > Wi-Fi (Wireless Network)
How many Wi-Fi networks do you see that is yours?
I see one network
If you only see one Wi-Fi network, then you can proceed with setting up your Memobird with this Wi-Fi network.
I see two or more network
If you see two or more networks, one of them may be a 5Ghz band. Look at the names of your Wi-Fi network
- A 2.4 Ghz network name may be ended with "24G", "2.4", or "24", for example: Homenetwork24G
- A 5 Ghz network name may be ended with "5G" or "5", for example: Homenetwork5
- I don't see any network name associated with 2.4 or 5. That means your Internet Service Provider(ISP) may have set one of your network bands as "Guest" or another name. To find out your network band, you need to log in to your Wi-Fi router. If you haven't changed your default user name and password for your Wi-Fi router, here's the log in information for some router brands. If you have other router brands, please search on the internet its login information.
Default IP address(Login)
|Default Username||Default Password|
|Linksys||http://192.168.1.1||leave it blank||admin|
|TP-Link||http://192.168.0.1 or http://tplinklogin.net||admin||admin|
|Other brands||Search on the internet||Search on the internet||Search on the internet|
After you log in to your router, go to Wireless settings, then you'll see the name of your Wi-Fi bands.
If you can only see a 5Ghz Wi-Fi, here's how to enable 2.4Ghz Wi-Fi
Once you're connected to the 2.4Ghz network, then you can proceed with setting up your Memobird with this Wi-Fi network.