How to find out if my Wi-Fi is 2.4Ghz or 5Ghz?
Please be aware that:
- Memobird can only be connected to the 2.4Ghz band on Wi-Fi routers or access points (AP). During the Wi-Fi configuration, both your smartphone and your Memobird need to connect to the 2.4Ghz band.
- All Wi-Fi routers have a 2.4Ghz band, but the newer routers are often dual-band router with 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz bands.
- If both of your 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz have the same name (SSID) and password, then you won't have any problem connecting to your Memobird regardless which Wi-Fi band your smartphone is connected to.
How to check your smartphone's Wi-Fi connection band
Go to Setting > Wi-Fi (Wireless Network)
How many Wi-Fi networks do you see that is yours?
I see one network
If you only see one Wi-Fi network, then you can proceed with setting up your Memobird with this Wi-Fi network.
I see two or more network
If you see two or more networks, one of them may be a 5Ghz band. Look at the names of your Wi-Fi network
- A 2.4 Ghz network name may be ended with "24G", "2.4", or "24", for example: Homenetwork24G
- A 5 Ghz network name may be ended with "5G" or "5", for example: Homenetwork5
- I don't see any network name associated with 2.4 or 5. That means your Internet Service Provider(ISP) may have set one of your network bands as "Guest" or another name. To find out your network band, you need to log in to your Wi-Fi router. If you haven't changed your default user name and password for your Wi-Fi router, here's the log in information for some router brands. If you have other router brands, please search on the internet its login information.
After you log in to your router, go to Wireless settings, then you'll see the name of your Wi-Fi bands.
If you can only see a 5Ghz Wi-Fi, here's how to enable 2.4Ghz Wi-Fi
Once you're connected to the 2.4Ghz network, then you can proceed with setting up your Memobird with this Wi-Fi network.
How to enable 2.4Ghz band on my router?
To make sure that Memobird will be compatible with your Wi-Fi, please configure your router first, and then enable the 2.4Ghz band. Below I will show you how to do that. How to configure my router to be compatible with Memobird You need to log in ...
When I'm connecting Memobird to my Wi-Fi, it shows "Wi-Fi Null"
"Wi-Fi null" indicates that your Wi-Fi network is not detected by Memobird app. To solve this, make sure you have completed all the check list below, and then try to configure your Memobird's Wi-Fi again. Make sure that your phone is connected to ...
How to connect Memobird to the Wi-Fi network
Before you can connect Memobird to the Wi-Fi, here's what you need to do: 1. Successfully bind Memobird to your account. Here's how to bind Memobird 2. Make sure that your Wi-Fi network is 2.4Ghz, doesn't require an account login(e.g. in university, ...
I have a 5G Wi-Fi network, how to make Memobird work?
If you have a 5G Wi-Fi, please switch your phone to 2.4Ghz Wi-Fi because Memobird does not support 5G Wi-Fi. Please follow this guide to change your 5G Wi-Fi to 2.4Ghz Wi-Fi.
How to connect to a new Wi-Fi network after initial set up
If you want to connect to a new Wi-Fi network, you just need to configure the Wi-Fi again.